Senior Account Executive | Baton Rouge
Creating stories that compel, inspire and educate. The Ehrhardt Group (TEG) team members consistently deliver high-quality work and offer clients their best ideas and time.
TEG has an opportunity for a seasoned PR professional to join our growing Baton Rouge team as a Senior Account Executive (SAE). This role will serve as the client contact and chief strategist on assigned accounts, helping to grow service lines and develop team members along the way. TEG relies on its SAEs to maintain creativity and organization on all account work, streamline processes, and provide counsel to clients on a daily basis.
If you are an over-communicator and an organized multi-tasker with a never-ending list of ideas and ways to improve the world around you, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone who is great at building relationships, both with their clients, as well as the local media, someone who is driven to learn and grow and is open to feedback and working collaboratively within their client team.
The Ehrhardt Group
301 Main Street, Suite 2200
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a representative of The Ehrhardt Group through Baton Rouge professional organizations, events and other opportunities.
- Confidently and efficiently lead client and internal team meetings, including preparing for all client meetings and communicating action items with client and team members.
- Develop and implement strategic PR plans for overall client programs, advocacy campaigns, individual events and initiatives.
- Clearly understand each client’s goals and objectives, and think creatively to provide innovative ideas that help move the client’s goals forward.
- Maintain ongoing client relations/communication.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local, regional, national and international media, industry and stakeholder contacts.
- Secure positive media coverage on behalf of clients.
- Write and edit media materials, client communication, and other social media and marketing-related content.
- Develop creative feature pitches and secure high-level placements for multiple clients.
- Craft client messages, media talking points, speeches and presentations.
- Execute engaging social media plans to increase clients’ social profiles, including development of branded content.
- Plan and execute client events including event logistics, promotion, media and social media programs.
- Monitor account progress including staff time, budgeting, new ideas and delegation of work (with close oversight from Account Supervisors, Director of Public Affairs and VP of Account Services).
- Identify and develop skills within your account team members.
- Prep clients ahead of media interviews and public speaking engagements.
- Provide solutions to complex issues and problems – both internally and externally.
- Effectively organize and lead account activities.
- Organize and manage production projects including video production, graphic design and website development.
- Plan and oversee advertising recommendations and buys on behalf of clients.
- Provide strategic PR counsel on client programs and issues.
- Develop and implement strategic, integrated media and communication plans.
- Pitch media both in high volume and long lead form.
- Compile and consume large amounts of information and quickly convert into thoughtful recommendations.
- A desire to mentor and teach junior staff members.
- Sound decision-making ability based on agency and client expectations.
- A comprehensive understanding of the news media – including digital, social, broadcast and print outlets – and what makes news.
- Willingness to learn about TEG’s business, our clients and issues related to the agency’s work on behalf of clients.
- Curiosity about the world around you, including what is being reported in the local, national and international news.
- Communicate clearly with supervisors and other staff members.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Interact professionally with both clients and colleagues.
- Function well in a team environment and step up as a leader.
- Manage multiple and conflicting priorities on a daily basis.
- Interest in public affairs and government relations (preferred).
Account Supervisors, Vice President of Account Services, Director of Public Affairs, agency leadership
1-5 Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives (may vary based on account teams)
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, political science, marketing, liberal arts, business or related discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years previous experience
WHAT TEG OFFERS
Comprehensive, competitive benefit package including employer-sponsored health care, matching 401k contributions, flexible spending account, free downtown parking.
Access to a flexible work policy and generous PTO.
A fun, fast-paced environment with a driven, passionate set of professionals that enjoy spending time together in and outside of the office.
Opportunities for career growth and professional development. TEG sponsors and encourages staff to join local organizations, volunteer and get involved in the local community whenever possible.