INTERNSHIPS @ THE EHRHARDT GROUP
“We are not just looking for anyone, but that someone who will succeed.”
— Malcolm Ehrhardt (1947-2022), founder of The Ehrhardt Group
Interns at The Ehrhardt Group are fully incorporated into the day-to-day operations of a small, local public relations business. You’ll learn how to work in an office environment, engage with the media, new ways to tell your client’s story and the opportunity to prepare yourself for a career in public relations, communications or public affairs. With clients like Galatoire’s, Broadway in New Orleans and Walmart, you’ll gain experience working with a variety of industries in a fast-paced, never boring environment with the best group of professionals around.
As an intern at TEG you can expect your day to encompass any of the following:
- Brainstorming new ideas for client teams and helping with implementation
- Learning the basics of media pitching
- Meeting key influencers in New Orleans and the surrounding area
- Attending internal account executive and staff meetings
- Drafting press releases and media advisories
- Attending press conferences
- Attending and assisting with client events (like sporting events, media nights and receptions!)
- Creating posts for social media
- Compiling media reports
- Compiling and updating databases/media lists
- Providing clerical and research support to leadership team members
We are currently considering juniors or seniors in college or recent graduates for our internship opportunities. We are willing to consider full-time or part-time internships and can be flexible on work schedules. We’re open to a variety of majors and backgrounds and are excited to welcome interns with fresh perspectives who are eager to learn more about life in an agency setting.
We will be recruiting for our Spring 2024 Internship Program for our New Orleans office beginning this fall. If you think you’d be a good fit, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.