Newly Remodeled Walmart Provides Boutte Customers with a Better Way to Shop
Boutte store improvements complement retailer’s measures to help protect customers and associates from the impact of COVID-19
Boutte, La. – (Nov. 12, 2020) – Boutte residents will soon get a first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter at 13001 Highway 90, as the much-anticipated project is now complete. The remodel includes several department transformations, and the expansion of innovations that will help customers save time. The upgrades also complement the measures the company has taken in its U.S. stores to help protect associates and customers from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“With added technology like a brand-new Pickup Tower as well as improved layouts and inventory, we hope to enhance our customers’ shopping experience,” said Boutte Store Manager Brandon Sylve. “Walmart is continuously looking for ways to help save customers time and money. We are excited to bring these features to the Boutte community.”
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
- Brand new pickup tower to ease shopping experience.
- State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to test out electronics in person before purchasing
- Redesigned apparel department with new brands and enhanced lighting features.
- Expanded product selections in liquor, produce, deli, dairy and bakery departments.
- Modernized grocery layout, including ready-to-go items in the new deli counter and hot case
- Revamped hardware and apparel departments with expanded product selections
- New signage, lighting and flooring throughout the entire store for better line of sight and easier navigation
- Updated bathrooms with modern fixtures
Walmart will continue to innovate to help customers save time and money by giving them the option to shop when, where, and how they want, including:
- Pickup – Busy customers love Walmart’s pickup option. It gives them the convenience of shopping online and the ease of quickly picking up groceries without having to leave their cars. The best part: there is no fee to use Walmart Grocery Pickup.
- Delivery – Walmart’s convenient delivery service is also proving to be a hit with customers. Even more, Walmart has now made both pickup and delivery contact free.
- Express delivery – customers now have the option to have their deliveries made in under two hours.
- Walmart Pay – a touch-free way to pay.
Meeting the Challenges of COVID-19
As an essential business, and a member of the Boutte community, we understand the role we play in providing our customers with food, medicine and other essential items during this unique time.
Along with the upgrades to the store, we will continue to help protect our associates and customers from the impact of COVID-19 through the extensive measures we put in place earlier this year at this store, and those around the country, including:
- Enacting deep-cleaning and sanitizing protocols with guidance from the CDC, which includes a thorough cleaning of key areas of the store (Front entrance, carts, registers, and bathrooms etc.).
- Conducting health screenings and temperature checks on our associates prior to them beginning their shifts.
- Requiring all associates to wear Walmart-issued or otherwise approved masks at all times.
- Adding sneeze guards to our checkout lanes and pharmacy areas.
- Installing floor decals at the entrances and in checkout lanes to support social distancing.
- Adjusted operating hours (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.) to help associates restock shelves while continuing to clean and sanitize the store.
- Enacting an emergency leave policy for associates who are unable or uncomfortable coming to work.
- Continuing to stress our requirement that those customers who can wear protective facial coverings while inside the building do so.
- If you are age 60 and up, self-quarantining, high-risk, or have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), many stores are offering Pharmacy pickup & delivery services to help you get the medication you need. (Note: Not all options may be available at all stores.)
- Drive-Thru: More than 1300 Walmart stores have pharmacy drive-thru service across the country.
- No-Contact Curbside Pickup: We can bring your prescription right out to your car using a no-contact method.
- Mail Delivery: If you can’t make it to a local store, we’ll deliver medication to your door.
Additional measures are in place as needed to comply with state and local ordinances. More details can be found at: https://corporate.walmart.com/here-for-you.
About Walmart in Louisiana
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. In Louisiana we serve customers at 137 retail units and online through Walmart Online Grocery and Walmart.com. We are proud to employ 33,472 associates in Louisiana. Walmart supports local businesses, spending $350.4 million with Louisiana suppliers in fiscal year 2020 and supporting 46,713 supplier jobs. Walmart continues to be a leader in employment opportunity, sustainability, and corporate philanthropy. In fiscal year 2020, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation contributed more than $20.6 million in cash and in-kind donations to local nonprofits in Louisiana. Learn more at corporate.walmart.com.