Laissez les bons gifts rouler. From sips and scents to sweets and treats, our all-local guide of Mardi Gras musts.
1. Alexa Pulitzer // Because your house wants to play dress up too, deck out your abode with spirited decor like majestic King Gator flags, pictured, that dance in the breeze. Create a warm welcome for part
2. Abita // Sips to suit every party style, Abita invites you to pop the top on a Mardi Gras Bock or swig a King Cake Soda when you’re feeling parched on the parade route. Both are available in a six pack to make cooler packing a cinch and perfectly pair with bottle opener sunnies.
3. Hemline // Pack your second line essentials in a Rolling Stones inspired, ready-to-rock Mardi Gras coin purse. This Hemline exclusive Moyna design has beaded detail and is available in various sizes ranging from a petite clutch-perfect version to a star-dazed cross-body with festive tassel.
4. Sucre // Looking for a chic hostess gift to bring to Lundi Gras brunch? Sucre’s classic Carnival Chocolate Collection comes in a darling gift box and includes 8 pieces of gourmet chocolate in smoky dark Java, molasses-infused Sugar Cane and quintessential King Cake, all in apropos purple, green and gold and available for nationwide shipping.
5. Plush Appeal – The Mardi Gras Spot // Geaux cups and Mardi Gras go hand-in-hand. Be prepped for carrying your cocktails with you while you second line and revel on the parade route with these oh-so Instagrammable Bead Fence 20oz Frost Flex Cups, available by the sleeve so your krewe’s sips can match.
6. Brantley Cecilia // Dress up your tresses with a Mardi Gras Queen headband. The crowning achievement of your party-ready hairstyle that’s sure to collect compliments from the Quarter to the grandstands, the fantastic tinsel topper comes in multi-color hues or classic purple, green and gold color block.
7. 1803 Soap // Present your favorite hostess with a gift that makes bead-grabbing hands gleam or turn your powder room into a party with hand-crafted soap. Choose from single bars of Carnival, with swirls of color and the scent of king cake to perfectly packaged customizable gift boxes.
8. November Fields // Make this Mardi Gras season scentsational with a lovingly hand-crafted King Cake candle from the duo behind The Collective Shop. An ideal hostess gift that’s also sized to sweetly ship to NOLA-loving friends, each has delicious notes of cinnamon and vanilla, is hand-poured with vegan coconut soy wax and comes in a lovely golden tin.
9. Royal Praline Company // A classic King Cake Praline makes for a celebration in each bite. Individually wrapped and sprinkled in purple, green and gold sugar, imagine the gleeful faces when you pull a handful of these decadent delights out of your parade purse for your krewe to enjoy.
10. Mockly // Prefer to partake in the parades sans booze? Meet Mockly – a mocktail in a convenient can. The low-calorie sips include wow flavor profiles like mint, rose and blueberry, aromatic basil and tangerine, and spicy ginger with pomegranate. PS They make amazing mixers if you’re in an imbibe state-of-mind.
11. The Big Book of King Cake // The creation of writer Matt Haines and photographer Randy P. Schmidt, this delicious coffee table book is filled with colorful anecdotes and stories behind the traditional treat. Your cravings will grow with every flip of the pages featuring more than 75 mostly New Orleans-area bakers and 150 unique king cakes.
12. NolaTawk // Because your pup loves to party, a King Cake pet toy lets your fur-ever friend in on the festivities, too. Printed onto 100% canvas cotton and backed with soft, fluffy, faux fur, this darling design complete with a sweet squeaker will provide hours of canine Carnival fun.
Thanks to tidbits for working with us and including Mockly on this Mardi Gras must-have round-up. View the story online here: https://gotidbits.com/new-orleans/the-mardi-gras-guide.