“This picture is from one of my favorite memories of a camping trip in the Great Smokies this summer.”
Sydney Tardy joined TEG as an intern in May. So far, Sydney has contributed to a number of client projects, while honing her skills in creative writing, community outreach and media research. As Sydney learns more about us and the work that we do, we think it’s equally important to learn all about her. Here are…
5 Fun Facts About Sydney Tardy
- University and major: I am entering my third year at Louisiana State University (LSU) as a credited senior and am on track to graduate early. My major is mass communications with a concentration in public relations and a minor in business administration.
- Hometown? I was born in Maryland but have lived in Mandeville, Louisiana ever since I can remember. It’s such a great place to grow up, but I am excited to work in New Orleans this summer. I also love exploring Baton Rouge during the school year.
- Favorite book? My favorite book is “1984.” I read it for the first time as a high school assignment but have been re-reading it ever since. It’s a pretty cliché favorite, but it really opened my eyes to the importance of keeping love and humanity at the forefront of societal behaviors. A close second favorite is “The Kite Runner.” I studied Arabic for a year at LSU and have always been intrigued by the culture and traditions in the East.
- Favorite show to binge-watch? Lately, I’ve been consuming endless episodes of “Saturday Night Live.” In general, I enjoy watching comedy sketches, wedding reality shows and prison documentaries. Interestingly, I have seen every season of every jail documentary series available on Netflix.
- What do you enjoy most about working in the PR industry? Studying PR has given me the opportunity to flex my creative muscles, develop my writing skills, practice research and build meaningful relationships. Being able to open so many doors for myself and develop a variety of my interests has been beyond fun. I strongly believe in being a multi-faceted person, so why not have a multi-faceted career? It just makes sense.
Keep up the great work Sydney! We are glad to have you on-board this semester.
To find out more information about our internship program, CLICK HERE.